Milton Keynes Theatre is waking from its slumber this season to allow audiences to enjoy a pantomime this Christmas. Theatre has been sorely missed since they closed in March so Milton Keynes Theatre hosting Sleeping Beauty is welcomed more than true love's kiss.
Milton Keynes Theatre have been busy ensuring everything is COVID-secure for the opening of Sleeping Beauty.The recent announcement of a socially-distanced pantomime in Milton Keynes, supported by The National Lottery, was warmly received by the local community with fast ticket sales signaling a hunger for the return of live entertainment and the beloved festive tradition. The theatre also announced that the circle and upper circle levels are now open on all performances. In line with the latest tier two guidelines, the auditorium capacity remains below 50% with suitable distancing between each household bubble. With the safety of the audience, cast, crew and staff being the top priority for the theatre, several new measures have been put in place for everyone’s well-being and enjoyment. Here are some of the measures audiences can expect to see when visiting:
· Seats will be distanced in bubbles of two to six, available to book as a single household or support bubble.
· Entry and exit times will be staggered to reduce queues.
· Temperature checks will take place before customers enter the building.
· Hand sanitiser will be in place at all theatre entrances and at several designated stations throughout the building.
· Face coverings are to be worn inside the building and for the duration of the show.
· A one-way system will be in place, allowing customers to move around the theatre safely.
· The show is shorter than usual, and there will be no interval.
· Random bag checks will be carried out socially-distanced on a table outside the building. Emma Sullivan, Theatre Director of Milton Keynes Theatre said “The whole team are ecstatic to be going full steam ahead with preparing for this year’s pantomime! The health and safety of our audience, cast, crew and staff is paramount, which is why we’re following the latest government advice to ensure we have all the necessary measures in place for our customers to safely enjoy a brilliant show”
As for the pantomime itself, produced by Qdos Entertainment, there won’t be any cutting back on the fun and magic! The cast and crew are pulling out all the stops to make Sleeping Beauty a pantomime of dreams. Join Lee Mead, Claire Sweeney, Suzanne Shaw, Pete Firman, Allan Stewart and Andy Gray in a riotously funny, one-act celebration, packed full of comedy, magic, laughter and all the usual ingredients that make pantomimes a cherished British tradition. Sleeping Beauty runs from 19 Dec 2020 – 10 Jan 2021 at Milton Keynes Theatre. Tickets available here.